March 27, 2018 at 1:16 pm #124Philip SenechalKeymaster
General Rules and Guidelines for Forum Use:
- Read up on past posts about a specific topic before asking a question! There is a ton of information here, and while many topics have been hashed to death, it can be a little overwhelming. No one is going to be upset with you if you ask a question that has been asked before, but some members do become frustrated if they feel they have answered the same question 10 times before. The forum has a search function at the top of the page that can be very useful for locating information on many topics. If you have questions on how to use it please feel free to let us know and we will help you.
- Try to keep your topic titles specific and related to what you will be posting under it. Please try to use the correct forum, and avoid cross posting.
- While basic discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks, derogatory comments, racial or religious slurs or purposeless inflammatory posts. Be respectful of others at all times. The purpose of the forum is to provide a platform for the exchange of ideas and information on wine making. Occasionally, there will be conflicts that arise when people voice opinions. But be courteous when disagreeing with others, it is possible to disagree without being insulting. The Moderators/Admins will make any final decisions, and take appropriate action in these matters.
- Due to their volatile nature, discussion involving political, religious, or other sensitive topics not related to wine making will be locked and/or deleted. This is done to keep tempers in check and everyone civil. The moderator team will not delete a topic without discussion among themselves. If you wish to participate in such discussions, there are other forums elsewhere specifically for this purpose. The AWA team moderators shall be the sole decision makers as to what constitutes closing, editing, or removal of a post.
- Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) non-sense posts, or the like.
- Double or multiple posting is not allowed and can result in the deletion of one or both posts. Double posting is defined as posting the same information in two or more separate forums. We understand that some topics might fit into more than one forum. Please try to pick the best one. In addition, please do not post in the same thread back to back (another version of double posting), if you have something more to add, edit your post or add to that thread, don’t post twice in a row in a thread.
- Advertising, spamming and trolling this board is not allowed. This includes using the email and private message system to spam other members. IP addresses are monitored on this website and transgressors will be banned.
- Please wait a reasonable amount of time before bumping posts. For style changes and general ‘how-to’ questions this should be 24 hours. For specific troubleshooting issues, use 12 hours as a guideline.
- Classified – Please keep things to be sold limited to wine-related items. If you would like to sell something that is not wine-related, try Ebay or a similar site.
- We also do not allow posts or links to sites that are sexual or porn in nature or violate the AWA community standards. The AWA team moderators shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate community standards. In general, if it is not suitable for kids, it is not suitable for this forum.
- Post your comment/question to the most appropriate place. Any posts deemed to be in the wrong forum will be moved. Do not cross-post the same question to multiple places.
- Do not discuss illegal activities. Our server is hosted in the USA and so is subject to US law. Please do not expose us to any unnecessary legal liability. Please bear in mind, all advice (medical, legal, etc) that may get posted should be regarded as “use at your own risk” advice. The owners, Moderators and Admins of AWA, assume no liability for any consequences that may result in action taken on that advice.
- Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
- We reserve the right to edit or remove any offensive, inflammatory, slanderous, rude or inappropriate posts without notice. The AWA team Admins and Moderators shall be the sole decision makers as to what constitutes editing or the removal of a post. Posts deemed to be SPAM will be deleted as soon as they are noticed without discussion.
- Any signature or avatar that is excessively large, offensive or insulting to either us, our members, or staff, are prohibited. We reserve the right to ask you to change and/or remove your signature or avatar at any time, for any reason.
- If you are going to post non-English on these forums, please also post an English Translation of your post. (This forum operates in English. Posts which include foreign languages should have the English equivalent to aid in understanding or they will be removed.)
- Questions regarding a vendors products or product support or help with a product are fine, but this is not the place to settle a commercial disagreement with a vendor, or posting complaints about vendors or manufactures. If you have a problem with a vendor, please contact them directly.
- Manufacturers and suppliers are welcome, and are encouraged to provide advice, support and information for the members of the forum. However, all posts must help promote the wine making hobby in general. Posts that are determined to represent advertising or product promotion may be deleted, and repeat offenders asked to desist. A link that leads to a manufacture or suppliers website in the signature area of your posts is acceptable and will be allowed.
- We do not allow Manufactures or Vendors to send private messages or emails to users here that advertise or solicit any products or services. Please report any such message to a moderator, and include a copy of the message.
- Also while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way. These actions include editing, or removing posts, topics or threads.
- We the Moderator/Admin Team also reserve the right to refuse membership, suspend or ban anyone who willfully violates the forum rules, or is deemed disruptive to the forum by the Moderator/Admin Team. Membership may be denied for a variety of reasons, and membership can be suspended or revoked at any time by the moderation and administration team Be advised that access to and being a member of the AWA forums is a privilege and not a right. All posts, threads, attachments, and content posted within this forum become the sole property of the owners of AWA.
Please Note: These rules are subject to change without notice. Please check from time to time for possible changes in our rules and guidelines. By becoming a member and posting topics or responding to threads on this forum, you agree to the rules and guidelines posted above. These posted rules and guidelines will apply to all current, past and future members and posters on AWA, if you do not agree with any of the rules and guidelines listed then please do not post or join the forum.
The Amador Winemakers Association Admin/Moderator Team
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.