Dear Members of the AWA…
Out with the OLD, in with the NEW! A HUGE thank you to all of the former Board Members…Lannie, Soosie, Lee, and Robert. Also, our former webmaster Robin, thank you!! And our Equipment manager Rick, who is doing it again this year. Gracious! And a Big thank you to Karen who has continued to put together our Newsletter every month…and Kate Keller, who has organized snacks every month. Thank you one and ALL!!
And on to the NEW…A BIG Congratulations and Thank you to Doug, Bill, Philip, and Doris who will be leading us down new paths in our Wine World….Yeah!!
On a sad note, we lost a respected and long time member recently, Don Howard. He will be remembered and missed!
This Sunday is our annual Spring BBQ, and this year it is being held at Rancho Victoria. I am sooooo looking forward to this event! Thank you Lee and Barbara for arranging such a Great Venue for all of us! Festivities begin at 5:30 pm. Please bring some wine to share and an appetizer or dessert if so inclined….extra food and wine is always appreciated and enjoyed! If
you taste some of the Rancho wine that you like… consider buying a bottle as it would be nice to show them some love and gratitude for using their space 🙂 See you there on Sunday!!
Memberships, many of you have already renewed your membership, thank you. Membership dues are due, on or before July 1st. $50.00. Please contact Bob or Doris, our outgoing and incoming treasurers to pay your dues!!
Lastly, it has been my pleasure and honor to serve as your President the past 30 months…
I leave you in Great Hands with the New Board members!! Rock on!!
Mary Jane LaBerge
May 17, 2018
Mary Jane called her final meeting as President to order with several raucous toots of her horn.
Snacks (Kate Keller)
Thanks to Kate’s team and Bob & Doris for the fantastic sourdough chocolate chip cookies.
Minutes (Susan Lemkin)
April minutes were approved.
Treasurer’s Report (Robert Mosblech)
The Club bank balance is “chunky.” Dues notices will be going out soon. Dues are $50 annually with no proration and are payable by July 1. Payment can be made by check, cash or online via credit card at the AWA website ($1.50 service fee).
Lee & Barb Richardson introduced Sam Baker from So. Carolina via Sonoma.
Equipment Manager (Rick Hanson)
Old / New Business
* Spring Trip: A huge success … hotel excellent, lunch fabulous, wineries educational, “behind the scenes” tour of the Monterey Bay Aquarium superb. Much thanks to Doris and Bob for pulling everything together so beautifully. If you’ve got pix you’d like to share, send to Karen Brouns (email@example.com).
* Club Project: Syrah. Let Lee Richardson know how many pounds you want to purchase (firstname.lastname@example.org or 209-245-3402).
* Wine Competitions: Lee Richardson is again heading up the Amador County Fair wine competition. Entries will be accepted May 1-June 8. Check the website www.amadorcountyfair.com for details and entry forms.
* Spring BBQ: Sunday, June 10, 5:30-8pm, at Rancho Victoria Winery off Hwy 16 in Plymouth. $15 per person for members; $20 per person for guests. Code 3 is catering the meal, but feel free to bring a dessert or appetizer if you want.
* Golden Bung: To Doris & Bob Mosblech (“You two Rock!!”)
* Elections: With a unanimous vote of the membership the new 2018-2020 Board is:
President: Doug Ebersole
VP: Bill Schwanki
Treasurer: Doris Mosblech
Secretary: Philip Senechal
Past-President Advisor: Mary Jane La Berge
Upcoming General Meeting Schedule
June meeting will be held in conjunction with the BBQ at Rancho Victoria Winery on the 10th.
July 19, Marlene & Glen’s Diner in Plymouth at 7pm
Amador Winemakers Association membership is open to anyone interested in making wine, growing wine grapes, or just enjoying great fellowship and tasting wonderful wines. Our program is educational, social and mutually supportive of grape growers and home winemakers. Annual dues are $50.00 per year, per family and we usually meet monthly for fun and knowledge. If interested in the AWA please contact us or join online today.